Here’s a great article from WebFX Blog
Are you looking to dive into the world of selling on online marketplaces? If so, Sears Marketplace is a fantastic place to sell your products. But what is Sears Marketplace? And how can you start selling?
On this page we’ll answer questions like:
- What is Sears Marketplace?
- How do I set up an account?
- How do I sell on Sears Marketplace?
- What are the benefits of selling on Sears Marketplace?
- And more
Keep reading to learn more and subscribe to Revenue Weekly to get the latest on online marketplaces!
Partner with ecommerce masters!
Campaigns managed by WebFX have earned over
TRANSACTIONS IN THE LAST 5 YEARS
What is Sears Marketplace?
If you’re trying to use various marketplaces to reach more customers, you’ve probably heard people mention Sears Marketplace. So, what is Sears Marketplace, and how does it work?
Sears Marketplace is an online ecommerce market that allows you to sell your products as well as advertise them on Sears’ website. Like Walmart Marketplace or Target+, you use these big-name companies’ websites for marketing your products to people who browse their site.
How to set up an account on Sears Marketplace
If you want to get started with selling on Sears Marketplace, you need to create an account. Follow these three steps for getting your account established:
- Fill out your Sears Marketplace application
- Verify your address (you must have a U.S.-based business address)
- Verify business details (you must have an EIN or SSN registered to a U.S. address)
By following these simple steps, you’ll be on your way to selling on Sears’s website.
How to sell on Sears Marketplace: Three programs for selling
Now that you have the answer to “what is Sears Marketplace?” your next question is likely, “how do I sell on Sears Marketplace?”
Sears offers three programs you can use on their platform:
1. Sell on Sears Marketplace
With Sell on Sears Marketplace, you put in the work to sell your products. If you choose this option, you get to post product listings and sell those products on Sears’s website.
When customers order your products, Sears processes the request. You’ll get a system-generated document that outlines the details of the order. From that point, you must fulfill the order and ship it out to the customer on your own.
If you choose this option, you’re doing the work yourself — you must fulfill the orders and ship them on your own. Sears will only process the orders for you and expect you to handle it from that point.
2. Sell through Sears
Sell through Sears, also known as Fulfilled by Sears, is an excellent option for people who want to sell their products but don’t have time to dedicate to handling the orders.
With Sell through Sears, you ship the products you want to sell to Sears’ warehouse. Once the products arrive, Sears will inventory and store your products. When someone places an order, Sears will fulfill the order from their warehouse and ship it to the customers.
If you choose this option, you’ll pay a storage fee, ranging from $0.45-$0.60 per cubic foot, in addition to the monthly subscription fee of $39.99.
3. Advertise with Sears
The last option you have is to Advertise with Sears. When you Advertise with Sears, you can reach a broad audience of shoppers on their site and get them to take an interest in your products. It’s an excellent way for you to showcase your brand or unique products that resonate with your audience.
There are three types of ads you can run on Sears’s site:
- Display ads: With display ads, you can advertise in specific departments, like appliances or electronics, to reach people browsing for products on those pages. These ads allow you to reach your target demographic when they’re already looking for similar products you offer.
- Featured product ads: With featured product ads, you can promote specific products in search results. These ads have greater visibility and allow you to reach more people. As a bonus, you only pay when people click on your product listings.
- Brand showcases: With brand showcases, you can educate your customers on your brand by highlighting your product families, promotions, and more. These ads allow you to educate people about your brand and generate interest in your products. Sears offers a silver and gold package for this advertising option.
You can use any of these options to help you advertise to interested leads.
Benefits of Selling on Sears Marketplace
Are you still on the fence about selling on Sears Marketplace? Check out these benefits you’ll experience from investing in Sears Marketplace.
- Your items are on a well-known brand’s website: When you sell your products on Sears Marketplace, your customers will trust your brand. Since you’re backed up by Sears, they’ll feel more confident about purchasing products from you.
- Your items appear with Sears’ items: When your items are integrated with Sears’, it increases clicks and engagement with your products. Since your products appear together, it will look like your products are from Sears, which makes people more likely to check them out.
- You have access to millions of Sears shoppers: Sears has 15 million unique visitors per month. You have a large pool of people you can reach with your relevant products, which helps you expand your reach.
- You have access to 20 major merchandise categories: Sears offers a diverse number of products. Whether you sell jewelry or tools, there’s a category for nearly every type of business.
- You don’t have to commit long-term: Since you pay for Sears’s platform per month, you can cancel and stop selling at any time. Sears doesn’t require you to commit long term, so you have the flexibility to sell for as long as you want.
These are just a few of the many benefits you’ll experience by investing in Sears Marketplace.
Sell on Sears Marketplace: FAQ
Let’s look at some of the commonly asked questions about Sears Marketplace.
1. Is eBay on Sears Marketplace?
Yes! eBay sellers can sell their products on Sears Marketplace.
If you have an eBay shop, you use your shop to sell your products.
When you use an eBay shop on this platform, the customer will check out on Sears, but eBay will process the payment. Shoppers will receive both a confirmation from Sears and eBay about their order.
For any order issues with eBay on Sears, customers will have to reach out to eBay for customer service help.
2. What is the Marketplace guarantee?
The Marketplace guarantee is Sears’ way of guaranteeing that customers get their orders right. With this guarantee, customers can get their money back, up to $2500, if their order isn’t correct or if it wasn’t what they expected.
Sears guarantees money back for:
- Orders that are damaged, incomplete, or defective
- Orders that aren’t correct or what the customer expected
- Orders delivered three days after last estimated delivery date
- Orders are delivered 30 days after order date
If you decide to sell on Sears Marketplace, you want to be aware of this policy. Generally, Sears wants sellers to handle the issue first before having customers contact them.
You’ll want to handle any order problems immediately and quickly, so users don’t have to reach out to Sears for help. It will build a more positive brand reputation with customers and encourage them to come back later.
Note: This guarantee does not cover sales from eBay listings on Sears Marketplace.
3. How much does it cost to join Sears Marketplace?
It will cost you $39.99 per month to market your products through Sears Marketplace. Sears also takes a commission from each item sold. The commission ranges from 8-20% and depends upon the item.
Start selling on Sears Marketplace today
Sears Marketplace is an excellent place for you to sell your products and reach millions of shoppers. If you aren’t sure how to get started, our team at WebFX can help.
We have a team of over 200 experts that can help you learn how to sell on Sears Marketplace.
Our team of experts knows how to sell online. In addition to Sears Marketplace, we can help you sell on:
If you’re ready to start selling in online marketplaces, contact us online or call us today at 888-601-5359 to speak with a strategist.
The post What is Sears Marketplace? [+5 Benefits of Sears Marketplace] appeared first on WebFX Blog.